Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Guuuuurrrrrl Talk...Part Duex

Well, Well, well.....I'm baaack...okay we left off, where? Marriage? Oh yeah that's when my head starting hurting, now the next topic: Weight...


Uh..do I REALLY want to go there? Okay speaking from experience..Ladies...this is about ME, not anyone I have spoken to, so I am not divulging anything about any one (at least not on THIS topic.. that is :-0). This topic has always been a sore subject with me. I suppose it had something to do with someone from my past (as do all type of baggage we carry, right?) I never really thought much about my weight and if there was an issue with it until my late twenties. Growing up, you have to remember I'm Mexican/Italian...hellooooo ...fideo and spaghetti, also carne asada and lasagna...need I say more. There was never an issue....in both cultures, the more weight a woman weighed, the better wife she'd be because of the GREAT cooking.....uh...can I tell you I lost that gene....I can't cook to save my life. Sidenote: this is why anyone I ever dated had to know how to cook otherwise he'd starve. So back to the issue at hand. I dated mostly Latin and Black men, because they could appreciate my physique. Until one day...there was one that couldn't. We dated for two+ years and I really thought we were headed down the aisle until he said these words out loud:
"The reason I won't marry you, is because you're overweight." I was so floored I couldn't believe someone would actually say that. A couple of months ago, I was watching "Tyler Perry's Why did I get married" there was a couple in the movie that the husband just bashed his wife for her weight throughout the scene . It brought back those memories, it was like a knife cutting into my heart. Since, THAT incident with my ex I didn't so much try to work on my weight, at least not all the time. I did, however, work on the self esteem I had lost, can't say that he had taken it...to quote Kat Williams..."No one can take your self esteem...it is the Esteem of YOURSELF, Bitches!!!" One day I looked in the mirror and realized, I AM A WOMAN...a woman with hips, a woman with thighs, a woman with breasts (gave some up, but still have plenty) a woman with an a'.....okay maybe not an ass (that's my Mexican side)...I know... I know... squats will help that...yeah yeah...so I'm told. Nonetheless, A WOMAN who loves her self...Flaws and All.!!!!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm a writer that writes from the heart...and emotion (ergo, the name of my blog). Most of what I write about, I have had first hand experience in. Anything I review does not say I am an expert...I only write what I THINK and whether I like it or not! Not how the rest of the world should think or feel. I am Mexican/Italian and a Leo..again..why my blog is called the World of Emotion!! Hope you enjoy what I have to say and/or review. Enjoy!