Wednesday, December 30, 2009

La Reina's 2009 Year End Review

Hello My Readers....
As promised..its midnight....
Below is my Year end Review...hope you all enjoy. Please leave comments and let me know what you think!!!


When the New Year starts to approach; we all begin to make our New Years Resolutions. We think "this is the year we're going to lose those stubborn 15 pounds that we gained last year" or "I'm going to work on my resume and look for a higher paying job" or in my case "This is the year I'm going to finish my book". Well 2009 didn't begin the way that I had hoped and the resolutions that I thought I would be going into the New Year quickly disappeared. I tried to write as much as I could but nothing was worth writing for the book. I did, however, continue to write on blog all that I felt I needed to write. So, then I decided I would write MY Year End Review the way I saw it.


From Beginning to End......

January 2009


I started off the year the most worse possible way I could: With the death of my mother, January 1, 2009. I truly didnt think i could survive this, but with the support of myfamily and my friends, I have been able to walk tall and found a lil more strength I didnt know I even had.



Rest in Peace Mami, you're missed every second, of every minute, of every hour of every day!


February 2009



Ah, February had a highlight, My Sister (not by birth, but definitely by God) Maria was married on February 14, 2009. I was the matron of honour and there has not been a wedding (aside from my own) that had me so emotional as hers did. She looked amazing and looked so very happy. I'm so very happy for her, Pleze and Phoenix...


My New Years Wish for you sis, is that God continue to bless your marriage and family with all the happines you all deserve. Love you!



March 2009, April 2009, May 2009


This was my "New Moon" period (those of you who read the book or saw the movie, know what i mean)...i spent most of this time missing my Mom and sleeping in the family room in hopes that she would appear to me and tell me all would be okay.


Highlight: In March, Mikey turned 6..a blessing for a child to make it to another year!

Not so highlight: Our first Mothers Day without Mom...this was hard....a bit emotional!


June 2009



Seemed half way through the year, it didnt get any better.



Do you all remember where you were when you heard the news of Farrah's and Michael's death? I was at work and couldnt believe the news that we all had heard. I kept looking at my facebook looking for updates and it seemed the entire FB family was just as shocked as I was.



I grew up listening to Michael going back as far as I can remember...a friend put it best:
"Michael, thank you for being part of the soundtrack to my life"
It is still so surreal.



A Fallen King and a Fallen Angel

July 2009


A very Bittersweet month


Paris Jackson, 11, Prince Michael, 12 and Prince Michael II aka "Blanket, 7


We watched Michael Jackson's memorial service as it was televised all over the world, from our very own Los Angeles Staple Center. Listening to the eulogies from Brooke Shields to Rev. Al Sharpton leaving me to remember when the reverend addressed Michael's children as they sat in the front row with their grandmother, aunts and uncles.



He looked at them from the podium and said:

"I want his children to know there was nothing strange about your Daddy, it was strange what your Daddy had to deal with"


Then the inevitable happened; Paris Jackson took the mic and spoke:

"I just wanted to say, ever since I was born, daddy has been the best father you could ever imagine, and I just wanted to say I love him so much."


Even as I write this, my tears are forming, I couldn't imagine my young children living without me.



My New Years wish for the Jackson Children, that they continue to be there for each other. Their father was an amazing humanitarian and hope they follow in those amazing footsteps...moon walk and all; also, I hope that they continue to ignore all the negativity that was said about their father. Like Paris said, Michael was "The best father you could ever imagine"



Rest in Peace Michael!

~~~~~~~~~~**********~~~~~~~~~~


Then we had the birth of my Michael's Best Friend, Maria Louie.
Here is Ethan, just so adorable...looks just like both is parents.

Congrats Maria & Glenn..you did good!

~~~~~~~~~~**********~~~~~~~~~~


Family:
My brother Sergio is blessed to see his 30th birthday and the first to experience our Mom not being here to celebrate with us. Love you Brother!

August 2009

Aw August....MY BIRTHDAY MONTH...anyone who knows me; knows I celebrate ALL month long!!
However, this birthday was a rough one...not because I was turning 40, but because my Mom didn't survive to see me make it to this milestone.



Here I am holding my Bestest's son, Leo..another great addition to the family. The world could always use another "Leo" in this world. He was born a day before my birthday.
Thank you Bestest...he was truly a great gift!!

BIG Brother & Little Brother
Sam & Leo Lozano
The Lozanos make some good looking babies!


~~~~~~~~~~**********~~~~~~~~~~

I Make It To 40

As I stated earlier, this one was a rough one. I thought Mothers Day was; if you read my earlier blog from August titled "Four Thirty One" you'll know why.

But...I celebrated it RIGHT...80's style!!!


Here is me and lil brother Frankie

It was my 40th and his 35th, we hadnt celebrated a birthday together since I was 21 and he 16. This was definitley long over due!!

Happy Birthday to us Lil brother...I love you!!

My brothers...nuff said!

My MNF Crew...love you boyz!!!


September 2009

Another Bittersweet month

My boy Sebastian gets married..he's the first male out of the "circle" to get married. It was an awesome wedding, their wedding vows were...were...i can't even explain. It was about Soul Mates and had my heart skip a beat...Jen and Sebastian still waiting on those. I want to write about them

Annnnd it was at their wedding that a female guest admitted that she had a "girl crush" on me!

Nice! Psh...turning 40 wasn't too bad; I got both sexes thinking I'm cute! WHAT!!??

Love you guys and congrats again!

~~~~~~~~~~~**********~~~~~~~~~

We lose the man that gave us one of the best quotes:

"No body puts Baby on a corner"

Patrick Swayze lost his battle with Stage IV Pancreatic cancer on September 14,2009.

He will be always remembered for his role as Johnny in "Dirty Dancing" and my favorite,as Sam Wheat in "Ghost"...I always laugh when i think of him singing:

"I'm Henery the Eighth, I am,

Henery the Eighth I am, I am!
I got married to the widow next door,
She'd been married seven times before.
And every one was an Henery
She wouldn't have a Willie or a Sam
I'm her eighth old man named Henery
Henery the Eighth, I am!

Second verse same as the first"


Whoopi's character can not sleep because of this...hilarious!!!


Rest in Peace Patrick!


October 2009

Tragedy hits our family once again.



Four generations of Aviles Men


On October 16, 2009 at 4:20am my Father in Law, Jaime Aviles lost his battle to lung cancer. I thought things couldnt get any worse for our family. Oh! was I mistaken.

His memorial service was probably one of the hardest moments I ever had to sit through.

All the eulogies were spoken and so beautifully written and spoken. Michael's step mother Mary spoke and it had been her words that helped Michael release the pain that he'd been holding in.

Then Michael spoke...I dont think there was a dry eye in the church:


"As you know my dad and I made up, but I never got to say to him what I really wanted to. I always thought my Dad would live forever so I could be mad at him forever, but as you can see thats not the case. If there is anyone that you are not speaking to, please make amends before it is too late"

He was right...life is too short and to live with bitterness in your heart only keeps you from living. Remember forgiveness is never for the person asking for it but for the person giving it. It is only then that you can really accept the blessings that God has in store for you.


An FB friend ends most of his status' with K.L.E.O!!

"Keep Loving Each Other"

Since the funeral, the Aviles Family has made such an effort to be A FAMILY and I am so thankful to be part of it.

Rest in Peace, Pop!

~~~~~~~~~~**********~~~~~~~~~~


Here are all the characters to my poem:

"My Brothers; My Sons"

There is nothing that these men wouldn't do for me nor I them.

Brothers, though 2009 was a rough one for us, in 2010 we'll be looking to the North because Mom is looking to the South and Blessing us each day!


I love you!

Family:

My daughter, Isis was blessed to see her 17th birthday and
My Brother Freddy was blessed to see his 26th birthday day!

Birthdays aren't a curse...they are a blessing, that its another year you get to spend with your loved ones.

Embrace it & Enjoy it! No matter the milestone!

~~~~~~~~~~**********~~~~~~~~~~

My Baby Girl is Growing Up


My daughter, Isis has announced that by Summer 2011, she will be a resident of New York State. The Empire state is calling one of their own back home.

Her dream is to attend NYU and so she presented us with a plan...well...an agenda planned out so well that we couldnt say "no".

Did I ever tell you all how amazing she is? She's not perfect and I dont think I'd have her any other way.

I've always told everyone that God blessed me so much that He allowed me to give birth to my Best Friend.


She has been my strength when I thought I had none left. My courage when I thought I was took weak to continue.


My light when everything seemed so dim that I couldnt see.

She and I may get into the normal Daughter/Mother spats but we seem to survive them.

Even as we ended October with one of the roughest patches we had ever come across, we managed to pull through it, though not 100%, I'm confidant we will be.

























My New Years wish for you Baby Girl: Is that you continue to have the drive and focus that your Nina and I have instilled in you. You're going to be an amazing photo jounalist and we will be beside you every step of the way. And when you think you can't, look to the North and know Grandma is saying: "My I-ziz you can do anything your heart desires!"

I love you!



Remember you ARE the Daughter, Granddaughter & Goddaughter of Reinas and the Daughter of the King of Kings;



The world is yours; all you have to do is go out and claim it!!!


November 2009

Yankees Take number 27

I'm not gonna rub this one in too much.

In the words of Forrest Gump: "That's all I have to say about that!"
















~~~~~~~~~~**********~~~~~~~~~~
Family:

My Baby Brother Henry is blessed to see is 19th birthday!!

I love you, Lil Brother!!

~~~~~~~~~*********~~~~~~~~~~

2nd Annual Wives Wine Tasting
Temecula, CA

These women are truly amazing.

We decided that every November we will have this outing and the counterparts cant say anything!

We laugh, cry, we laugh so hard that we cry. Sarcasim that we dont even take personal, bubble busting til we glare and then laugh at that. That was in just the first hour!

This trip also showed us that we can have wine with tacos!!! ccchhheeeeoowww!!!

2010....look out Temecula!!!

* You think we'll finally make it to Pechanga...or will we be all talk again?....just asking!

Love you Girls!!!

~~~~~~~~~~**********~~~~~~~~~~

Ahh, New Moon

This one has woken the 17 year old girl in me. Read that entry and you'll see why.
Sometimes when talking to Michael, I get terrets and yell "Team Edward!"

If you've seen the Burger King commercial, you'll know what I'm talking about.




~~~~~~~~~**********~~~~~~~~~~
Thanksgiving

Aviles Style

Brother in Law Jaime and Sister in Law Lisa



Thanksgiving this year was great. My Brother in law and his wife hosted Thanksgiving dinner. My sister in law, a vegetarian by the way, cooked her first turkey.


Considering it was her first time cooking one, she did great, even cooking the bag with the liver and neck (you know the bag you're suppose to take OUT of the turkey before you start stuffing and cooking it?) Since she's a vegetarian she was NOT about to stick her hand inside any bird no matter the cause.


I told her, "Don't worry Sis, it gave the bird an extra KICK"

By the way...the turkey was YUMMY!

(Her homemade stuffin was my favorite, Isis' was Mary's Three Bean casserole...YUM)



December 2009

Our 4th Annual Christmas Party

This years Group Shot

What can I say about this party. No matter what has happened to us all year long; we always make sure that our annual party continues as planned.


This year the weather wasnt too nice, it rained alot, causing quite a bit of friends unable to make it. Highlight was our families were there and it was a great PARTY.

This year we had a visit from the Jolly man, himself and the kids had a ball.

What will next year bring us? Can't wait!!

~~~~~~~~~~**********~~~~~~~~~~


Annual Company Christmas Party



Do I really need to say anything about this?

The Bosses rented out the House of Blues and Quest Crew performed.

I had flashbacks of my Fly Girl auditions days (Damn that J-Lo)

One term: "I'm with the band!"

~~~~~~~~~~~**********~~~~~~~~~~
Another young Hollywood leaves us too soon.

Brittany Murphy dies of cardiac arrest...at age 32!

All I can ask is, "Why?"

My favorite scene from Clueless..she gets hit in the head with a shoe and her crush tries to revive her and ask can she do that wormy thing with her arm while singing:

"Rolling with the homies"

Another one gone too soon.

Rest in Peace Brittany!



~~~~~~~~~~**********~~~~~~~~~~
Christmas Eve

Lazcano Style

The Cowboy Fans in the family luckily Michael doesn't
hold this against me.


Christmas Eve was nice we spent the first part of the evening at the Medinas..Girls we rule at Guesstures!!! Comadre Lupe's pozole was on point..YUM!

The second part if the evening we went to Brother Frankie's. He and Tiffany hosted us this year and we had a ball!!!

However, two brothers were missing so I know 2010 we'll all be together!


~~~~~~~~~~**********~~~~~~~~~~

Christmas Day

The Aviles Way


That's right, we have the yule tide log and Christmas music playing while we opened our gifts.

The winning gift this season was:

The Snuggie!!!


Michael and Mikey recieved matching Snuggies.

Michael blessed the family like a monk would (cuz he looked like a monk)

Mikey showed us how the Snuggie is nothing but a backwards robe

and the creator has made millions!

Bet he was drunk he came up with the idea...didnt even realize he had his robe on backwards.

American inventors...go figure!

Oh and they make it for DOGS!!! WTH!!?? There is only one dog out there that I am aware of whose Mama got him one *cough* *cough* MAX!!!




~~~~~~~~~~**********~~~~~~~~~~

A Phoenix rises from the Ashes and Soars



Though the kids lost their Grandmother New Years Day and have another one the 3000 miles
away. They found a Grandmother in Michael's Step Mother, Mary.

Mary, I want to thank you for helping making this Christmas memorable for the kids and having me realize how much we missed in the past years. I look forward to so much more celebrations with the Family.

The Family gift exchange was soo much fun...rule for 2010...NO DIGITAL FRAMES!!

I believe we counted four total. May not seem like alot to those of you reading, but when 18 people are playing...it is!

My highlight: I learned that my digital camera has a "smile" feature...yeah you read right..

S-M-I-L-E Feature.

What does this mean? Well it means that if i set that feature on, my camera will automatically take pictures of people smiling. Well....actually only people that have recognizable smiles..well...apparently Michael, Geli, Danielle nor myself...have a recognizable smile...so you know what...forget that feature, i'm not gonna use it.

Never mind....Next highlight!

Mikey's highlight was the boat cruise that Mary's brother, Izzy took us on.

Good times and lots of laughs!

Thanks Aviles and Silva Family


~~~~~~~~~~**********~~~~~~~~~~


Happy New Year!

One Way...

The Only Way...

The Aviles Way....

Theee Yankee Way!!!

Yeah, I know I said I wasn't gonna rub it in...but that's what New Years resolutions are for, right?

"I promise not to rub salt in an open wound..."

Now..until Midnight...

YANKEES TAKING NUMBER 28 IN 2010!!!
~~~~~~~~~~**********~~~~~~~~~~

These past 365 days I found a whole new level of strength I never realized I had.


This year was definitely a trying one for us, especially for myself. In a year I went from being just a mother, sister, daughter to thee matriarch of the family. This role is not easy.

Through Courage, I've grabbed the bull by the horns and ran with it.

I've not only had to continue to encourage my own family but also my brothers. I've had to show them that there are endless possibilities for them to succeed but they need to believe in themselves to obtain it as much as I do.

I learned that no matter how bad a relationship may be, ie.. friends, family, co-workers, nothing is ever broken only bent. You'd just have to have the faith that you can help straighten it out.

I also learned that though we loss the ones we loved this year...I'm comforted in knowing that we have extra Angels looking over us in every step of our journey until the time comes when we'll all be reunited.

My Reinas have showed me that no matter what happens to us in life, that the true Reinas stand by you with no judgements and ready to help lift you when we've fallen.

2010 will be the Year of the Reina Movement.

Remember Reinas, it all begins with us!!!

Pay it Forward!

My New Years wish for all of you:

"May you continue to fill your heart with love, faith, hope and compassion for one another and be ready to take on what ever challenges may come your way, because with THAT in your heart you'll be able to fight it and survive it!"

Besos y Abrazos!!

2010, your sister 2009 tried to break me, she didnt succeed. Whatever you have in store for me and mine...i'm ready for you...so in the words of all my Reinas,

"BRANG IT!!!!"

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm a writer that writes from the heart...and emotion (ergo, the name of my blog). Most of what I write about, I have had first hand experience in. Anything I review does not say I am an expert...I only write what I THINK and whether I like it or not! Not how the rest of the world should think or feel. I am Mexican/Italian and a Leo..again..why my blog is called the World of Emotion!! Hope you enjoy what I have to say and/or review. Enjoy!