Thursday, January 21, 2010

HANDBOOK FOR 2010

Hello Readers,

Happy New Year! Yes, I know I'm a bit late for the greeting; I realized I haven't posted anything since my year end review, so here I am.

Below was an email chain I recieved from a friend, a Reina to be exact and I thought, "how perfect for this to be my first post for 2010".

So, here I am reposting this; I want to preface on what you're about to read.

This is a bucket lost if you will, of how you could, actually... no, Ima be bold and say "SHOULD" go into 2010 thinking:

Some of the items we never even think twice about and then there some that we dont even think about, period.

Enjoy it my Readers especially mis Reinas, this is the year of the Reina Movement 2010.

This is the year we're taking back who we are and leashing out who we're meant to be!!!

Be Inspired and Be Inspiring!


Health:



1. Drink plenty of water.

2. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a beggar.

3. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants...

4. Live with the 3 E's -- Energy, Enthusiasm and Empathy

5. Make time to pray.

6. Play more games

7. Read more books than you did in 2009 .

8.. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day

9. Sleep for 7 hours.

10. Take a 10-30 minutes walk daily. And while you walk, smile.



Personality:



11. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.

12. Don't have negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.

13. Don't over do. Keep your limits.

14. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.

15. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip.

16. Dream more while you are awake

17. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need..

18. Forget issues of the past. Don't remind your partner with His/her mistakes of the past. That will ruin your present happiness.

19. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Don't hate others.

20. Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present.

21. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.

22. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.

23. Smile and laugh more.

24. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree...



Society:



25. Call your family often.

26. Each day give something good to others.

27. Forgive everyone for everything.

28. Spend time w/ people over the age of 70 & under the age of 6.

29. Try to make at least three people smile each day.

30.. What other people think of you is none of your business.

31. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.



Life:



32. Do the right thing!

33. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.

34. GOD heals everything.

35. However good or bad a situation is, it will change..

36. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.

37. The best is yet to come..

38. When you awake alive in the morning, thank GOD for it.

39. Your Inner most is always happy. So, be happy.



Last but not the least:



40. Have the upmost respect for one another, don't assume people will do things for you because its you.


Somewhere through the generations, common courtesy went out the window, its up to us to retrieve it and instill it in the next generation. (Oh, and By the way...the last one is a HUGE pet peeve of mine!!!....HUGE!)

So there you have it...I've equipped you with your Handbook for 2010, its up to you to implement it.

I'm going to share some food for thought that I read from "The Maxwell Daily Reader by John Maxwell"

"Focus on the things you can do something about today"

This hit home for me...I was that person that was ALWAYS thinking about the tomorrows, next weeks, next year and 10 years from now and missed out on alot of todays. Live in your moment, take it in and focus on WHAT you really can do about it today. The saying is so true, "No one is ever promised tomorrow" so, please my readers, "Live today!!"

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm a writer that writes from the heart...and emotion (ergo, the name of my blog). Most of what I write about, I have had first hand experience in. Anything I review does not say I am an expert...I only write what I THINK and whether I like it or not! Not how the rest of the world should think or feel. I am Mexican/Italian and a Leo..again..why my blog is called the World of Emotion!! Hope you enjoy what I have to say and/or review. Enjoy!