Sunday, February 17, 2013

Journey to Worthy: A Brand New Me

 She is YOUR Queen to Be!!

Hello Readers, 

Yesterday marked the first day of my renewed life....A Brand New Me!!!

After I shed the last tear on Friday...I slept and I dreamt...dreamt of the new life that awaited me. 

I woke up as if a layer of skin had shed while I was asleep. I walked outside and the sun shined brighter than I had seen it shine in a long time. It was a day of hope and possibilities and anything that I believed could come true, would. 

I spent my Saturday night with my best friend at an amazing event...Journey to Worthy: A Night of Inspiration with Darnella Ford.

The evening was EXACTLY what I needed. I listened to amazing stories of faith & courage. I became even more inspired and excited about this new chapter in my life.

I was honored by Darnella when she asked me to share my story and how far I have come in my journey.

I stood up at the podium, took the mic and began to speak; I started to envision myself sharing my story not just to a room full of people but to auditoriums & stadiums. I saw myself standing there inspiring lives, one life at a time. It was the most exhilarating feeling & I didn't want it to end. Whoa! 

I Am Dreaming some Big Dreams....I AM Worthy & I AM Deserving of them....and you know what?

So. Are. You.

Below are the lyrics to Alicia Keys song "A Brand New Me", it describes exactly what my Journey to Worthy (Me) as been about...It has become my new theme song for 2013...the Year of Greatness ...enjoy.


Journey to Worthy: A Night of Inspiration-Me, giving my testimonial


A Brand New Me by Alicia Keys
It's been a while, I'm not who I was before
You look surprised, your words don't burn me anymore
Been meaning to tell you, but I guess it's clear to see
Don't be mad, it's just the brand new kind of me
Can't be bad, I found a brand new kind of free

Careful with your ego, he's the one that we should blame
Had to grab my heart back
God know something had to change
I thought that you'd be happy
I found the one thing I need, why you mad
It's just the brand new kind of me

It took a long long time to get here
It took a brave, brave girl to try
It took one too many excuses, one too many lies
Don't be surprised, don't be surprised

If I talk a little louder
If I speak up when you're wrong
If I walk a little taller
I've been on to you too long
If you noticed that I'm different
Don't take it personally
Don't be mad, it's just the brand new kind of me
And it ain't bad, I found a brand new kind of free

Oh, it took a long long road to get here
It took a brave brave girl to try
I've taken one too many excuses, one too many lies
Don't be surprised, oh see you look surprised

Hey, if you were a friend, you want to get know me again
If you were worth a while
You'd be happy to see me smile
I'm not expecting sorry
I'm too busy finding myself
I got this
I found me, I found me, yeah
I don't need your opinion
I'm not waiting for your ok
I'll never be perfect, but at least now i'm brave
Now, my heart is open
And I can finally breathe
Don't be mad, it's just the brand new kind of free
That ain't bad, I found a brand new kind of me
Don't be mad, it's a brand new time for me, yeah

Continue to Be Inspiring, Be Inspired

1 comment:

V said...

Yay!!! Watch out world, because this Queen has got it handled! Love you Tia!

About Me

My photo
I'm a writer that writes from the heart...and emotion (ergo, the name of my blog). Most of what I write about, I have had first hand experience in. Anything I review does not say I am an expert...I only write what I THINK and whether I like it or not! Not how the rest of the world should think or feel. I am Mexican/Italian and a Leo..again..why my blog is called the World of Emotion!! Hope you enjoy what I have to say and/or review. Enjoy!