Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Grateful Wednesday: The Attitude of Gratitude


Grateful Wednesday: The Attitude of Gratitude 

You'd think our gratitude for our parents would be automatic...truth of the matter is... it isn't. It's a conscious effort that I wish I had done more of when she was alive. My mother wasn't the best mother in the world & don't get me wrong I am in no way speaking ill of my Mom. She did the best she could to raise my brothers and I. 
I was told, that on my wedding day, someone had given her a compliment regarding me...they told her, "you did an amazing job raising your daughter" they said she paused a bit while looking at me and responded, "No, I had nothing to do with that, my daughter raised herself to be the lady she is...boys? Boys I could raise but what you see...that beautiful vision was all her".  

I wish I had known about that conversation  when she was alive because I would've corrected her. I am the way I am because of who my mother was. She was a woman that showed me strength, courage, respect & fear...she is the reason my Faith in God is so strong. It was because of her Faith in Him that we all knew that God would always provide & He always did. 

No, Mami, you may not have shown me to be a Girl's Girl...but you did raise me to me one helluva Strong, Faithfilled woman and for THAT I am forever grateful....Thank you.

I miss you, every second of every minute of every hour every day! I love you, Mami. 

What are you grateful for?



No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm a writer that writes from the heart...and emotion (ergo, the name of my blog). Most of what I write about, I have had first hand experience in. Anything I review does not say I am an expert...I only write what I THINK and whether I like it or not! Not how the rest of the world should think or feel. I am Mexican/Italian and a Leo..again..why my blog is called the World of Emotion!! Hope you enjoy what I have to say and/or review. Enjoy!