Monday, February 08, 2010

25 Random Things You May Not Know About Me!

1. I auditioned to be a Fly Girl (that's the year pinchi Jennifer Lopez was announced as the new Fly Girl...I was robbed!!!)

2. I was in LA Style Magazine for a feature that was done on "Underground Hip Hop Clubs in LA" a photographer was taking pictures of my friends and I doing different routines..what can I say...it was the 90's.

3. My life long Dream was to become a backup dancer for Janet Jackson, that's why 1 & 2 existed..in hopes to get "discovered"...but then God had a different plan for me..that was to become the mother of an amazing daughter who will make one helluva mark on this earth!

4. I'm an aspired writer...I'm currently writing an inspirational book.

5. Since the first time i ever saw Beat Street, I always knew somehow FATE would take me to New York....I married a Nuyorican with strong tie still there....His Mama!

6. I have a scar under my chin, got that when i was 2..i was taking a bath and decided to walk on the ledge on the tub, slipped and then 6 stitches later.

7. Contrary to popular belief I am not Puerto Rican. I AM Mexican and Italian. Married a Rican and some times I EVEN foget.....Hmmm...chisme or bonchinche?

8. I left the country for the first time when i was 30, my husband (who was my boyfriend at the time) took me on a Caribbean Cruise...first stop Miami (LOVED IT!!) and then Puerto Rico...WEPA!! Gotta go back, they still celebrate Commonwealth holidays and lots of places were closed...Coma' you, me and my 40th!!! oh...and I plan to visit Italy one day.

9. I had always wanted to celebrate a Times Square New Years.. New Years 2005..we did and that's when my husband got down on one knee to ask me to marry him...in the middle of Times Square at 12:01am. After..I even stopped a random NYC Cop and told.."I just got engaged in your amazing City!!"

10. My first love whom I thought I was suppose to marry gave me away on my wedding day....If you know me, only in my world would something like that happen!

11. My Bestest, I've know for 22 years and we've been meeting for MNF for 2 years goin on 3. He helps understand my husband and men for that matter...Ladies every woman needs a male Best Friend...Trust...it helps.

12. I believe I'm one of the most positive people you'll ever meet..I cleanse my self of negativity everyday. Life is too short to allow it in your life. I randomly text my daughter these words..." My Princess, know you are the daughter of a Queen and you ARE destined for GREAT things!!" Ask her.. she'll tell you its true!

13. I am a huge fan of Patti Labelle...I even had a chance to meet her and was speechless...yes..ME speechless, one amazing woman...from her I learned to never Block my Blessings...go through life with a closed fist and the blessings will never have a chance to flow through...AMEN!

14. I believe all women are Queens, they just need to believe it themselves...this is why I started the Reina movement...When i greet ANY woman..whether the checker at the grocery store, the cashier at Taco Bell or an operator...they all get the same greeting..."Hello Queen how is your day? or Hola Reina come estas?" They look puzzled at first, then the smile shines brighter..try it, you'll see what i mean!

15. I'm a hopeless romantic at heart...15 years ago, i was working in a store, an elderly gentleman was paying for his items..opened his wallet to get his money and I notice a beautiful woman..probably taken in the 1950's...i told him.."what a stunning woman" he smiled with a gleamed in his eye and said, "That is my wife" and then he teared up and he said, "The best decision i ever made in my life was marrying my wife". I remember after he left i went to the stock room and cried...it was that kind of love with that much conviction that i wanted...at the age of 36...i got it! You're right Coma' ...never settle...I didnt!

16. When i was pregnant with my daughter, I was so scared to tell my family, that I "plotted" with my Comadre to go with her to Chicago and have the baby there and come back with her and tell everyone that my Comadre was the baby's mother, but she couldn't keep her so I would be raising her as my own...uh...anyone who has ever seen my daughter knows that I "spit her out" she looks exactly like me...yeah, yeah, I know that some Novela shit!!! Thanks Coma' for letting lose my marble for a second there.

17. I chose my daughter's Godmother, not based on that fact that she was my Best Friend when my daughter was born, but more based on the qualities she possessed. She is strong minded, she would never allow any differences that we may have to come in between her and her Goddaughter, she a very proud Latina, she is driven and very focused...qualities i want my Princesa to have and be surrounded by.

18. I attended the Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising....I wanted to own my own boutique that had an underground night club....but didn't get my degree...had to quit to help my family.

19. I LOVE the GODFATHER...I live my life by it...especially...never choosing sides against the family..ever. And not just family with the same DNA...but FAMILY!!!

20. My zodiac sign is a Leo...which is why have have that protective gene and very loyal...when i got you, I GOT YOU..but when my loyalty is questioned...nothing can be the same.

21. I am the only girl with 4 brothers, whom i helped raised...they have all told me that they've always considered me their 2nd Mother....now that our Moms has passed and have moved up in rank. Some tough shoes to fill.

22. Some of my mother's last words to my brother about me were..." I gave your sister all the strength in the world, she can handle ANYTHING...but i forgot to give her some patience" yes, I am very impatient.

23. A writer writes some of their best work in their darkest moments...this is very true. when I am happy i get writer's block.

24. The best advise my Bestest ever gave me was.."You know the difference between a victim and a fighter? A victim lies there is gets ready to get f--ked! A fighter comes out of their corner swinging! Which are you?" I always come out swinging!!! Now, which are you?

25. When I've had a bad day..you know lost a job, lost a love one, had a huge fight with a person that matters to me...I always play my wedding video, it was the most happiest day of my life...I watch it so i can be reminded of how happy i was and what that feeling of that day was like so i can re-live it. everyone should have something like that, some thing to help them remind them of their most happiest moment. Remember, Victim or Fighter?

Most Favorite quote:
"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did,
but people will never forget how you made them feel." -Maya Angelou....

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm a writer that writes from the heart...and emotion (ergo, the name of my blog). Most of what I write about, I have had first hand experience in. Anything I review does not say I am an expert...I only write what I THINK and whether I like it or not! Not how the rest of the world should think or feel. I am Mexican/Italian and a Leo..again..why my blog is called the World of Emotion!! Hope you enjoy what I have to say and/or review. Enjoy!