Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Ash Wednesday....Lent begins today!



Look what

I decided

to give

up for Lent!




Emotional writer. Yup, this is going to be an emotional entry. Since Lent begins today I had to decide what I was going to give up. I had been debating between chocolate, all meat, bread and sex...yeah, I know..I know.. what was I thinking adding "giving up CHOCOLATE".


Well Lent is about man trying to follow the example of Jesus in the desert by giving up luxuries and practicing self discipline. And....to try to put aside more time for religious acts and pray so we can really let God into our lives. (Bible study for the day)



So on that, I narrowed my list to these two items...red meat ( and I love me some carne asada) and chocolate (don't get me started about my Lindt Lindor Truffles..ugh...the madness...which by the way I had may last piece today...upwrapping that decadent piece of marvelosity (is that a word? Damn..well today it IS!!!) mmmm...something this good has to be a sin...wait, I think it is..this is one reason I'm gving it up, right? I mean..women across the world has lost there ever loving minds for a piece of this chocolate heaven...*mmmm..chocolate heaven). * in my Homer Simpson..."mmmm donuts" voice.

I chose red meat only so not everyone in my household suffers. I can still cook chicken and fish.

Regarding bread and sex...Bread...well its in nearly everything I eat... depending how you categorize it...tortillas..bread, no? pancakses..bread, no? And sex? Welllll...my husband would have to agree to that and I highly doubt he would. He'd probably throw our vows at me stating that between the lines of "Sickness and health, richer or poorer" lies...the imaginary ones that count are "give your husband the remote whenever he wishes and gives husband sex whenever he demands, with chocolate milk on the side".

That is how I determined that red meat and chocolate would the unlucky contenders this Lent.

Wish me luck that I will have the self discipline as Jesus did walking the desert for 40 days without any luxuries.

Yes. Chocolate and carne asada are luxuries...to me!

*Please note that I am in no way making light of Lent. My apologies in advance if you feel I am.

I write about everything that goes on with me and writing is how I chooose to express the struggle I will be going through for the next 40 days. And...i have to make interesting so my readers know they are not alone....again everything i do...is soooo emotional.

1 comment:

James Diggs said...

You may be interested in joining us on facebook as we “give up something for Lent to help Haiti”!

Please join and encourage others to join too so we can walk the journey of Lent together while helping Haiti.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=468308345460

About Me

My photo
I'm a writer that writes from the heart...and emotion (ergo, the name of my blog). Most of what I write about, I have had first hand experience in. Anything I review does not say I am an expert...I only write what I THINK and whether I like it or not! Not how the rest of the world should think or feel. I am Mexican/Italian and a Leo..again..why my blog is called the World of Emotion!! Hope you enjoy what I have to say and/or review. Enjoy!