Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Weigh In Wednesday


Hello All,

Here we are the first Weigh In Wednesday entry.

Let's get down to what you all want to know, "How did she do?"

I think the picture might be giving it away...but I just love how excited she is.....just as I was when I stepped on the scale this morning....I LOST TWO POUNDS!!!! yeah me!!!

I went from 197 lbs to 195 lbs....my waist 33!! 2 pounds and an inch down *cabbage patch dance...yeah me yeah me!!!....48 to go!!!!

That kickboxing class really helped, Thanks Rob!!!! By the way....I'm really feeling it today. Ouch!


To help me stay on this path to a healthier lifestyle, I reward myself with non food items; knowing that I will get something new when I reach that goal...keeps me motivated.


For instance: When I lost my first 5 pounds I purchased a $10 iTunes gift card for myself to celebrate my accomplishment. When I lost 10 pounds, I got a new journal. When I lost 30...a pair of new shoes. I try to stay away from clothing only because it may not fit after a wear or two....you know...because of the weight we're losing.

When we reward ourselves for meeting our goals no mater how big or small, it helps us stay focus on the big prize!

A healthier and more fit YOU!

This week's challenge to stay disciplined on eating right. I have a difficult time doing this and get sidetracked very easily. When I'm out with my 7 year old...I just want to eat whatever he eats... however, I forget my metabolism is no where near his and I have to be careful what I eat.

So, I found this healthy weight loss eating plan on the Women's Health Magazine website that seemed interesting.

Here it is:

http://www.womenshealthmag.com/nutrition/eating-plan


WEIGHT LOSS EATING PLAN

Eat to Lose Pounds

Lose weight fast with this seven-day healthy eating plan


Fit back into your jeans faster: Trainer Jay Cardiello created this seven-day
eating plan to help his celeb clients achieve their lean Hollywood looks. The idea is to switch up your carb intake throughout the week—alternating low-carb days with moderate days—to keep your metabolism humming and lose weight fast. Plus, you'll always feel full and have energy to spare.

DAYS 1 and 2

Breakfast
Omelet with 4 egg whites, 1 whole egg, 1/4 c minced broccoli or asparagus, 1 tsp shredded low-fat cheese
1 c plain coffee or green tea
12 oz water

Snack
1/4 c plain nonfat yogurt and 6 cherries
OR 12 oz protein shake with 1 scoop protein powder (low-carb, low-sugar, less than 115 calories)
20 oz water

Lunch
6 oz grilled chicken breast
3 c lettuce with 2 Tbsp light or low-fat dressing
1/2 c steamed broccoli, asparagus, green beans, peas, or carrots
20 oz water

Snack
8 almonds
OR 12 oz protein shake OR Apple OR banana with 1 Tbsp natural peanut butter
20 oz water

Dinner
8 oz grilled chicken, beef, turkey,
OR Boca burger (no bread/bun)
1/2 c steamed broccoli or asparagus
3 c plain lettuce with 2 Tbsp fat-free dressing, lemon juice, or balsamic vinegar
20 oz water

Snack
1/4 c cottage cheese with 1/2 c mixed berries
OR 6 cherries


DAYS 3 to 7

Breakfast
Omelet with 4 egg whites and minced asparagus and 1 slice plain whole-wheat toast
OR 12 oz protein shake and 1 apple with 1 Tbsp natural peanut butter
1 c green tea
12 oz water

Snack
1/4 c plain nonfat yogurt with 1/2 c mixed berries
OR 6 cherries OR 8 almonds
20 oz water

Lunch
Pick one: Small sweet potato OR small baked potato OR 1/4 c brown rice OR 1 slice whole-wheat pita or bread
WITH
Pick one: 6 oz tuna in water; grilled chicken, tuna or turkey; turkey or Boca burger (no bread or bun) OR 2 c plain lettuce with 2 Tbsp lemon juice or low-fat balsamic vinaigrette OR 1 c broccoli with 2 Tbsp honey mustard
20 oz water

Snack
8 almonds
OR 6 cherries OR Apple with 1 Tbsp natural peanut butter
20 oz water

Dinner
Pick one: 6 oz sirloin steak, beef burger, grilled chicken or turkey OR 8 oz tuna, salmon, or freshwater fish
WITH
1/4 c steamed brown rice
OR 3 c lettuce with 2 Tbsp fat-free dressing OR 1/2 c mixed vegetables or 1 c broccoli OR 2 Tbsp honey mustard
20 oz water

Snack
1/4 c plain nonfat yogurt with 1/2 c berries
OR 1/4 c cottage cheese with 1/2 c berries


I am going to stick to this plan and see how I do.

With that, this week's goal?

To lose 5 pounds and my treat?....a pedicure...'cause Lord knows, Mama needs a new one.


Until then my readers....


Remember to continue to:
Be Inspiring, Be Inspired!


No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm a writer that writes from the heart...and emotion (ergo, the name of my blog). Most of what I write about, I have had first hand experience in. Anything I review does not say I am an expert...I only write what I THINK and whether I like it or not! Not how the rest of the world should think or feel. I am Mexican/Italian and a Leo..again..why my blog is called the World of Emotion!! Hope you enjoy what I have to say and/or review. Enjoy!