Wednesday, August 05, 2009

This picture was taken outside my house the day after my Mom passed away. I lived on my street for three years and I never noticed that the leaves changed colors, til the morning after.


****I noticed that the last blog I posted was about my Mom's passing. I came across something I had written the day after, that I wanted to share with all of you.****

January 2, 2009 7:31am

Have you ever looked at a tree and compared it to your own life.
Ever notice the similarities?
When your happy and full of spirit; you walk tall and want to spread your limbs as a tree does when its cared for.
A tree goes through so many changes as each year goes by.
It starts its life as a seed and with watering and nuturing it makes its life into this amazing piece of nature that helps gives us shade in the summer, becomes shelter when its raining and a friend that we want to lean upon when needed to write, read or think.
During all this time as the hottest fashion runways change with each season so do the colors of the leaves.
We see them change from from a hunter green to burnt orange then to finally make their way down to the ground.

January 1, 2009 9:50pm was when the last leaf fell from my mothers tree.
She had been ill for some time and we were trying to coach her back to recovering; so her leaves would make it to that bright hunter green color they once use to be.
Unfortunately it was time for my mom to go back home to our Creator.
This is loss that has become so unbearable that I am thankful for my friends, my brothers, my husband and children to help me cope.
They have all, in some way, have helped to insure that my leaves will stay some sort of green.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm a writer that writes from the heart...and emotion (ergo, the name of my blog). Most of what I write about, I have had first hand experience in. Anything I review does not say I am an expert...I only write what I THINK and whether I like it or not! Not how the rest of the world should think or feel. I am Mexican/Italian and a Leo..again..why my blog is called the World of Emotion!! Hope you enjoy what I have to say and/or review. Enjoy!