Tuesday, August 25, 2009

This Place

****Below is the something I wrote on a whim when i went to register for a creative writing class.at the local college. I did this thinking I had submit some of my creative work in order to take the class. Turns out that that wasnt a prerequisite...but English 101 was.
Enjoy...I still get goosebumps everytime I read this.


This Place


Something about this place helps me find serenity. I feel so relaxed when I enter the door, as old friends welcome me while new ones are introduced. This Place takes me to areas I've never been before and reminds me of areas I'd like to revisit.

I head upstairs, to the right, then straight ahead, my childhood awaits me. I laugh to myself as I hear the Mad Hatter chuckles to Alice, "Where's your hat?"

I hear a voice call me from behind, I get up, walk to the left and then I'm reminded of how excited I was when I became a "young lady" an excitement that started with, "Are you there God, It's me!"

Oh! How I love this Place, it helps me to escape the world I so desperately would like to run away from. Helping me to become someone else, if not for eternity but for a few hours. In those hours I AM that cinder girl who finds her prince, the southern belle who begs the world "as God is her witness she'll never go hungry" or the journalist who has five amazing chicas in her life she calls Sucias.

I hear voices from the past and present keep callng for me. They tell me, scream at me, "Remember Us!!"

"Remember how I fought for women's equal rights!", one exclaims.

Another whispers, "Remember, when I marched to D.C. and told the world of a Dream I had".

Then the sofest voice I ever heard, but yet so loud says, "John 3:16".

I'm reminded, "For God so loved the world, that he gave His only begotten son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life"

"Yes, Remember us all, listen to our words, feel our pain, live our lives, so you may live your life with more abundance"

Yes, this Place reminds me of where I've been and where I'm headed.

Oh, this Place, I do try to visit every chance I get. I want to meet the new additions to the family, a family I hope to become part of one day.

Before I walk out, I search the list, a list that says my friend made it ..........
NEW YORK TIMES BEST SELLER

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm a writer that writes from the heart...and emotion (ergo, the name of my blog). Most of what I write about, I have had first hand experience in. Anything I review does not say I am an expert...I only write what I THINK and whether I like it or not! Not how the rest of the world should think or feel. I am Mexican/Italian and a Leo..again..why my blog is called the World of Emotion!! Hope you enjoy what I have to say and/or review. Enjoy!