Thursday, December 05, 2013

Being Grateful: The Attitude of Gratitude



Being Grateful: The Attitude of Gratitude

My apologies, I forgot to post yesterday...a lot has been on my mind, but that's no reason for me not to express what I am grateful for. 

In November 2012, I was laid off from a job I had been at for 4 years, where for the post part, I was happy. When I got the news I wasn't devastated, as some of the others were, with bills & kids I could see why they were. Though I had the same concerns & to top it off I was going through the divorce...I didn't find it upsetting. I knew God had a bigger plan for me. So I decided a sabbatical was due & I took the month of December off to self reflect & discover what this journey I would be embarking on would be (*wait...did I decide or did God? Hmmm). :)
I knew I would start my new job in January 2013 & all would be well financially. Interview after interview, I even had one where I was interviewed 4 times, this was the ultimate dream job...I KNEW this was the one for me. On February 14,2013 I was informed I did not get the position & February 15, 2013 my divorce was final.  
Turns out God had a different plan for me. God had placed me on a 90 day probation to see how much I trusted Him. How much I was willing to surrender to Him, including my finances. To leave my worries at His feet and if I truly was a woman of Faith. Once I acknowledged His plan & asked Him to use me for His will, I am His soldier after all, He gave me my new assignment. 
On April 1, 2013, after 90 days, I was blessed with a job. So today I show gratitude about a place I get to go to every day & actually enjoy. 
God has placed me exactly where He wants me. We all have a purpose, we just gotta be willing to stay alert & see where it takes us...and currently...mine has me at this location and I am grateful for it. 

What are you grateful for?

Stay Blessed, Mi Gente. 

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm a writer that writes from the heart...and emotion (ergo, the name of my blog). Most of what I write about, I have had first hand experience in. Anything I review does not say I am an expert...I only write what I THINK and whether I like it or not! Not how the rest of the world should think or feel. I am Mexican/Italian and a Leo..again..why my blog is called the World of Emotion!! Hope you enjoy what I have to say and/or review. Enjoy!