Thursday, December 12, 2013

Being Grateful: The Attitude of Gratitude



Being Grateful: The Attitude of Gratitude

I know...ima day late, even after a friend kindly reminded me that yesterday was Wednesday...I was having a "Monica" day...'Just one of dem days'

I never knew the significance of these keys...after all they are "just" keys, aren't they? However, truth of the matter, they aren't "just" keys...they represent that I have something that is my own.
The keys are to my home...my safe haven. A place when I am having one of "dem days" I can go to, curl up only sofa with my blankie, sit & do nothing...cry if need be & I do. 
During this time, we're reminded everyday that there are so many out "there" that don't have it...that they pray for shelter some way, some how, whether it be near the freeway or a sturdy box, any place not to sit & do nothing but just to keep warm & make it to the next day. 

So, the next time you take your keys out to unlock the door...pause for a moment & express gratitude that you DO have those keys & they open the door to YOUR safe haven. 

I wanna thank my mentor, Darnella Ford for promoting this day's Moment of Gratitude, thank you, Queen. 

Stay Blessed Mi Gente, now & always. 

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm a writer that writes from the heart...and emotion (ergo, the name of my blog). Most of what I write about, I have had first hand experience in. Anything I review does not say I am an expert...I only write what I THINK and whether I like it or not! Not how the rest of the world should think or feel. I am Mexican/Italian and a Leo..again..why my blog is called the World of Emotion!! Hope you enjoy what I have to say and/or review. Enjoy!